I turned in my resignation letter today. I think in every job there are parts or people you don't like. I know in my old job it was alphabetizing and this crazy lady I had to share an office with who popped Xanax and Prozac like it was candy. I thought I would be elated to live out a country music video and slap the "I Quit" or "Take this Job and shove it" sign on my boss' desk and march off. But, it hasn't turned out that way, all the bad things are fading in my memory and I am having a hard time saying goodbye to the good things. The good people who sent me cards when my father-in-law died. The children who run up to me and give me free hugs. When I moved here I knew one person and now wherever I go someone says "Hello, how are you?" I am going to miss being part of this community.
Fear keeps sneaking up on me. I am moving to a new place where no one knows my name or my history. I'll have to explain to people all over about my "accent" (I don't think I have one and everyone else does). When people say, where are you from? What do I say? When people say what do you do? What do I say? God has reminded me of Ginny Owens song "If you want me to" and its playing in my head like a skipping disc, it's what I repeat to push that fear away:
Cause I'm not who I was When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me
yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to
Fear keeps sneaking up on me. I am moving to a new place where no one knows my name or my history. I'll have to explain to people all over about my "accent" (I don't think I have one and everyone else does). When people say, where are you from? What do I say? When people say what do you do? What do I say? God has reminded me of Ginny Owens song "If you want me to" and its playing in my head like a skipping disc, it's what I repeat to push that fear away:
Cause I'm not who I was When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me
yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to
I keep reminding myself that God has taken me to places I never even imagined. I grew up on the beach in California, went to a school on a mountain in TN, came to the Delta, and now I am going to the birthplace of our nation. I was an only child and now I have sisters, brothers, and friends all over. I am not who I was when I took my first step, and I am glad to be moving forward, and Thank the Lord he is not through with me because I have a lot more steps to grow, so today is just another step, a step of faith. You all remind me of this day so in a few years you can say, "See I told you God had big plans for you!"
2 comments:
Thanks for stopping by!
I have family in Richmond so I'm there fairly often. Wish you all the best in your move!
You hit the nail on the head with this one!
Love you girl!
Lili
Post a Comment