Monday, April 7, 2008

Are you going to Canada or Mexico?

Our church was robbed last week. The thieves got away with our special 30 pieces of silver offering. 30 pieces of silver was what Judas was paid to betray Jesus. Guess Judas got his money back!
Last night at Bible study, Anna Kate (who's about to be 12) said to me, "Ms. Sarah I heard the church got broken into." I said, "Yes it did." She said, "That is terrible, those people are going straight to Mexico!" I covered up a smile and said, "How do you know their going to Mexico?" She said very matter of factly, "All bad people go to Mexico and good people go to Canada." She shared with me that in their house they called Heaven Canada and, well, you get the rest. I laughed and then thought to myself, well that's not very Politically Correct, I don't think mexicans would appreciate their home being compared to, well you know. The next thought was, who new that when Clinton did NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) he was actually making a theological statement.
Anyway, Anna Kate dug into her pocket and pulled out three shiny quarters. She gave them to me and said, "here." I said, "What are these for?" She said, "so we can get started again on our 30 pieces of silver." Isn't that just like a child? To bring us back to the matter at hand, yeah something bad happend but we don't have time to whine about it, lets get back on track. Of course she took the other two quarters in her pocket to go get her Diet Dr. Pepper and she ate her raisinettes all through class. She also answered every question with a wisdom beyond her years. I love kids, they teach us so much about how to approach life: take a blow, get up and play again and study hard but eat raisinettes at the same time. Life is sweet!

1 comment:

WanderingLili said...

Anna Kate, you are a girl worth meeting! Rock on little wise one beyond your years.

Very thopught provoking Sarah (with an 'H')! Have I told you about my 'trust the Lord like you trust your hair dresser' idea? =)

Keep bloging!
Lili