Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Perfect Me

Crazy days. My mom and dad are in town. My house is a mess because we are trying to pack. But, it's ok, because we are having a good time. I mean we can't stop laughing. I have finally made it to this relationship with my parents where I don't scrutinize every word they say. You know, I am not trying to prove myself to them nor am I looking for their approval. I don't feel like they are judging me and so I don't read something into every word, sigh, or facial expression. I don't panic when they are coming anymore and try to build the "perfect picture" of my life. They accept me for who I am, right now, a person growing toward perfection. Not earthly perfection, but heavenly perfection.
Recently someone asked me if I have any regrets, if there was anything I would do over. I was the only one that said no. I think that is because, as a Christian, I see my life differently than some others. I have learned not to try to be the perfect daughter, wife, whatever but rather be the perfect me. The me that God created me to be! I have learned this journey of life is a long road and if I take a detour, that's ok, I learn and get back on the road. The most important thing I have learned is not to take this journey alone, to let Jesus be my guide. So, next week I will be 30 and I am pretty proud of me, the me I am right now. I hope I will continue to grow in the future but I am satisfied knowing I am a work in progress.
So, are you the perfect you right now? If so what makes you that way? If not what does the perfect you look like in your mind?

No comments: