Yesterday I offered a "sermonette" for our community Holy Week services. I bombed! Lay people say I did a good job but colleagues say "they could tell I was nervous." The passion wasn't there. I don't know what got me. I just didn't feel it in the moment. I just tried to get through it. I am disappointed in myself and as usual, am asking God, "Am I really supposed to be doing this."
2 comments:
Well, you know what they say...Sermonettes produce Christianettes.. .
Girl if my leadership in bible study were decided by the first time ever leading the group I would have been kicked out long ago.
Remember that you have good and bad days. Know that your gifts and talents and your ability to serve The Lord reach so much farther than a "sermonette". And know that the more you do it the better you will get.
And if all of that doesn't work picture them in their underpants =) hehe!
Love you girl!
Lili
Post a Comment