Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is Risen

This has been a wonderful Easter day! I feel much better about my sermonette on Tuesday because I have received lots of positive feedback. One man told me I had a really good speech, his wife elbowed him and insisted it was a sermon. Then he said, yeah I meant sermon, we're Episcopolian, we believe in that. Last week we went to an ordination do you know Jane Doe? I smiled and said, no I don't thinks so. This happens a lot to me, maybe it's a southern thing, but lots of people think I must personally know all the female clergy in the world! Does this happen to anyone else?
The pastor asked me to do the Sunrise service today. I created the liturgy as well as the message. I felt free to be creative and use the gifts God has given me. It was empowering. The tweeting birds were in attendance and provided our musical accompaniment. It was our largest attendance, 70. The sun rose just as we sang He Lives!
It was nice to be outside the walls of the church and not worry about squeaking doors and enough toilet paper in the bathrooms. Don't get me wrong, I did have a few minor freak outs, but it was a good day.

2 comments:

WanderingLili said...

No T.P. in the bathroom could a BIG deal as papertowels, especally the super saver ones, can be pretty rough on the "sperit" (if you know what I mean).

Keep up the GREAT work I'll see you soon!

LIli

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Cousin Sarah
I have always been partial to the outside church services. Best of luck on move.
Tricia