These are the thoughts, questions, and fragments I am letting out of the box
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
I love color
Today I am obsessed with color. The sunshine comes and new green leaves bursting forth on the trees seem to glow. Then a rain cloud comes over and the red tulips seem to pop. The winds starts to blow and I put on my lime green quilted coat and it doesn't seem so dark anymore. As I look at the people gathered together, now off the clock, I notice the grey coats and black sweaters come off to reveal brightly patterned ties. I see a turquoise necklace that makes me think of the color of the sea in the Bahamas. I remember the first time I used the word turquoise to describe an object my dear husband was trying to locate for me, he said, "What is turquoise?" Once we located the objected, I showed him this color and he said, that's blue. Through the years he has learned to see more colors in the world, past the blue, black and grey. Like the lady that just joyously greeted her friend, I love the way her chartreuse bag livens up her steel grey sweater and her sensible brown loafers. It give her more personality, it gives me a hint of who she is or maybe who she wants to be. There are many colors in the world each one beautiful, each one seems to make the world a little less flat to me. Colors give our world depth and texture, dark and light, uniqueness and similarity. What is your favorite color and how does it make you feel?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment