Monday, March 29, 2010

From couch potato to 5k

I have started this program to get me off the couch. It is hard after a day of work to come home and do anything but turn on the tube and act like a potato. But it can waste an amazing amount of time. I mean before I know it I have made a divet in the couch and the hours have wasted away. So, I am going to try to turn from couch potato into a treadmill turnip, or some other vegetable I should be eating. But, I need your help. Give me encouraging words. Give me advice, what do you do to stay motivated to exercise?

4 comments:

Sara W said...

YOU GO GIRL!

My motivation to exercise/eat healthy is to remember that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and I am to honor it and take care of it. God can get more use out of me when I feel good and am healthy. :)

Good luck! You can do it!

p.s. you can watch TV while you're on the treadmill :)

Sarah :) said...

I used this program a couple of years ago and ending up running a half marathon. It is great because it doesn't push you too much or make you sick of the gym. You can definitely do it!!!

The Bethster said...

I am using my girls to keep me motivated. We each have our own calendar and we get a sticker if we exercise that day. It is a quick visual reminder of how active we are being each week. I get 4 stickers a week now! :) Plus, the girls sleep SO much better when we get out in the fresh air.

WanderingLili said...

AMEN!!! Setting a goal really helps me. Not just saying "I think I'll exercise every day". Also finding friends or joining a group or team of people that will help hold you accountable, And Prayer! I don't know how many times I have prayed "Lord please just get be back to my car without passing out! He has always been faithful! =)