Friday, August 7, 2009

Christian Conversation

When I went to college, I paid the professors to teach me, but many of my lessons came from friends, classmates, co-workers, even the maintenance staff. I learned that life lessons come from anyone and everywhere. I learned that Jesus loved me from an African-American friend who was four years younger than me. A gay Catholic classmate taught me what it means to receive God’s grace through holy communion. A friend who was raised by a Mormon mother and a Catholic father taught me what it meant to have faith in one God. And a friend who grew up in the Quaker tradition taught me how to search and how to be still and know the presence of God. God brought these different people into my life and their sharing their different experiences of the same Lord, through Christian conversation, helped me to see that there was a place for me in the body of Christ. I know that Christ is still forming me through Christian conversation, he is still sanctifying Sarah. So, what holy conversations have you had recently?


No comments: