Prayer is vital to my life. My lifeline to Jesus nourishes my mind, body and soul. Prayer keeps me grounded in his love. The holy bond I have with Jesus helps me move forward when I regret the past. The ongoing connection sustains me through this up and down journey that is life. In prayer I can give all my burdens and concerns to God. Once someone asked me who my best friend was, I thought about it, and said Jesus! They looked at me strangely and I said, Jesus is who I talk to most, who loves me unconditionally, loves me when I cry and when I smile, and gives me the best direction in my life. He has never missed an appointment and never sent me to voicemail. It has taken me years of practice to learn to go to Jesus first with my problems rather than as a last resort. It has taken a lot of practice to learn that when I say amen, the prayer is not over. If I think of my life like a tree, prayer is the roots and by those strong roots I am able to bare fruit for God’s kingdom. How do I get my roots watered? I mean I know what it's like when my prayer life is in balance, but when it's not it is so hard to get back on track. What do you do?
3 comments:
This is a beautiful message! Thank you for sharing! Would you mind if I shared this in my sunday school class? It is just so real and down to earth. Thanks!
WOW!!! REALLY needed to hear this today. What do I do...? I find myself drawn to my cristian friends when I am off. I find myself drawn to your blog. I often reread your old posts and find newness in them. Friends that share my same faith are often who I turn to when things are not quite right. They so often bring me back to God.
Good thoughts Sarah. I like the part about going to God in prayer first, not as a last resort. Sometimes I wait until I am so lonely and troubled to pray (like when my husband is gone a lot and I don't have anyone else to talk too!). I need to go to the Lord sooner!
Post a Comment