Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good enough, for Today!

I was riding on the bus yesterday with several children. One child pointed to my necklace and said, "I like that, what is that?" I said, "It's the cross with a heart around it." A different student, a boy, said, "I know what that is, that is God and it shows that you love him" I said, "Yes and he loves me too." The boy said, "God died on the cross." The first child said, "Oh, yeah, I saw the movie."
While I found this humorous it also helped me remember that everywhere I go, everything thing I do, and every word I says shows that I am a Christian. I have the opportunity to show people the way to Jesus or I can turn people the other way. I thought about this quick minute where I had the opportunity to share my faith. Was it enough? Did I say the right words? Do the kids really understand? Is there something more I should have done or said? I prayed about this last night and was comforted by the realization that I was well prepared for that faith moment. I said what came to my heart and God took care of the rest. When faced with a choice I chose to act and share my faith. I wasn't eloquent but I was honest. I didn't have a lot to say, but God made it enough.

2 comments:

Sara W said...

I just heard a speaker yesterday who talked about this very thing. Always be prepared for what GOD wants you to say in HIS timing. Even though things we say might be good, they are not Godly unless we get the word straight from Him in our heart. You will know when it's God talking. Such a wonderful story.

WanderingLili said...

I don't think it has to be eloquent. It has to be real which you are, 100% of the time and that's why I LOVE you!