I have been working on setting new goals. Not New Year's resolutions but new goals for my life. I am happy to say many of the goals I have previously set in my life I have fulfilled or changed because I matured. I have married my soul-mate and I don't want to be a singer or a ballerina anymore. I have graduated a few times now. I received the greatest back-handed compliment last week, "Oh, you're one of those do-gooders." I like who I am but I know I am a work in progress so I am setting new goals I am calling my, "Pearls." I need you, my blog friends to support me, encourage me, and if you are inspired then join me.
My first pearl is to read more. But, I've decided life is too short to read bad books. So, I am only going to read fiction books that are recommended to me by close friends (Oprah doesn't count!). Reading does so much more for me mentally, physically and spiritually then watching tv. I am going to try to read one section of the newspaper each day too. My neighbor across the street thinks you're not an adult unless you read the newspaper and drink coffee every day. He'll be happy to see me picking up the newspapers in my driveway. Of course I am going to continue reading my Bible, it's the #1 Bestseller of all time.
My next pearl is to relax more. I've decided life is too short to clean my house all the time. So, I am going to scrapbook more, blog more, and chill with my hubby more. If you come over, just toss the old newspapers to the side, I am reading more! I started this a few weeks ago with Friday night Netflix night.
My next pearl is to be a tourist in my hometown. I am going to visit the places that tourists go, save some money in the process, and learn something. I may not have a lot of money but I am still going to see the world, even if it's just my corner of the woods.
I am going to look for the pearl inside each day. A teacher I am volunteering with this year has inspired and taught me to be more positive. It is really easy to see the bad behavior of my students and respond with yelling or punishment. I have learned that if I shower them with love, they eventually come around and love me back. Mutual respect is a satisfying feeling. I have also learned that I tend to become negative when I hang around people who are negative. I am going to try not to be a bird of a feather but rather a flamingo in the desert. There are pearls of wisdom, joy, learning, love in each day. Each day I just need to look for a pearl and expect to find one.
So what are the goals for your life? Have you made new ones as you have completed old ones?
4 comments:
I made resolutions this year for the first time, and am not doing too good with thim =) I think the reason is that I made too many =) I think the ones that I have been doing better at is:
1. Make eating a healthy breakfast a priority. - Chips and a can of Coke is NOT healthy! (A side note on this one is that I am also giving up caffeine!!!)
4. Cook more. – This cook book should help Supper’s on the Table – Come Home by Rachel Masters
5. Stop forgetting to put my receipts in the folder so they can be entered into the spreadsheet. - This drives the Hub CRAZY!
As for good reads, click the "Books" tag on my blog for some of my recomendations. My fav girl author is Jennifer Weiner she makes me lauch and I know that that is good for the soul!
Oh and I am glad to hear "blog more" as part of your perls. I miss you when you are gone for so long! =)
Lean Pockets Breakfast are great for a fast breakfast and they are healthy and just as easy as chips. Add a banana and you have a great breakfast.
You are back.......Yeah.
See you next week.
Enjoyed your post on the side by side newsletter!
anna
Post a Comment