These are the thoughts, questions, and fragments I am letting out of the box
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
To all my friends both real and virtual let me tell you what I don't want for Christmas. I don't want anything else I have to wash or dust. I don't want expensive gifts. I don't want gifts that contribute to the stress of the season. I want happy and relaxed friends. Friends who can sit at the table or computer with Christmas music wafting in their ears and hot chocolate warming their tummy. I want them to write a kind note or post. Thoughtful words that require no money, just time. This gift will fill your soul as it will fill my heart. When we fill our spirits with happy thoughts, kind words and warm memories we are truly honoring the true meaning of Christmas. I saw a church sign that said it best, "You can't take it with you, but you can send it ahead." Let that thought fill your mind today and I hope it turns into a special prayer for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ny dear friend - I will gift you your very own blog post for Christmas. =) What a FUN idea!
Wishing you peace and happiness this Christmas-we miss you.
Merry Christmas Sarah! I wish we could share a cup of hot chocolate together on these lonely dark evenings when our husbands are away, but at least we can communcate this way. It is fun to be in a new place for Christmas this year and "discover" all the new lights and festivities here. Just driving around looking at lights has been fun and relaxing for us. Also, I am trying to plan ahead so the few moments that I have with my husband this month can be meaningful and celebratory. -A
Sarah, you are wise beyond your years. Have you considered writing for a magazine or a newspaper? I love you!!!!
Post a Comment