1. Go See Get Smart! Which was your favorite reference?
Mine was the nuclear vs. nuclar George Bush reference.
2. Read The Shack! What new thought is sticking in your head?
This book has helped me undertand how much I put God in a bottle, like a genie. I see more now how God is in everything and I need to be aware of that more when I make decisions, etc. I shouldn't just rub the genie bottle when I need something or when I see a pretty sunset.
Another interesting point was how the God character "Papa" makes the point that humans live in the past and the present but God knows the future as well. So, for humans, true faith is trusting God for my future. Then, of course there is the whole free will thing. It's something I already knew, I learn from my past and attempt to control the present so much that I can't put faith in the future, the book illustrates it well.
2 comments:
Okay, I haven't sean or read either, so I need to get on the stick. Second, my little sis read "THE SHACK" and loved it! I really need to read it!
Haven't seen the movie or read the book. So, can you give us a hint?
Post a Comment