Thursday, June 19, 2008

I am woman, hear me roar, if I want to!

Yes, I am back to the cyber world. We are hooked up and finally have all of the computer pieces out of the boxes. The moving truck finally arrived on Tuesday. As it pulled up, my mom and I left to go shopping. My feelings were I am paying them to carry the boxes and so I am going to let them do their job (we tip well). Later our job began, unpacking boxes. My mom, dad, dear husband and myself have climbed ladders, filled closets, made beds, washed windows, and slept like logs. To my chagrin, I have realized that some of this work may be in vain because when God gives us a baby, most of our knicknacks will have to be put or given away.
We have had fun buying furniture and not had fun with the phone people, newspaper people, trash people, or Internet people. But, e haven't made our first payment yet, so this has been tolerable. The weather turned beautiful, read it and weep Memphians, today it was 88! The one hard part of this mess was buying a vacuum. It took me three days to open the box. I don't want to be the kind of woman I think of who pushes a vacuum around (June Cleaver). I don't want my life to be wrapped up in cleaning a house every weekend (one of the reasons we bought a small house). Well, after several days of looking at the box and muttering under my breath as I passed it, I finally took it out of the box. The super duper, Consumer Reports ,highly rated Eureka, "The Boss" Smart Vac. Let me tell you friends, a vacuum is only as smart as the person pushing it. I grimaced at all of the unnecessary packaging (this thing would have survived a bombing -it's only a vacuum for Pete's sake). I connected the hoses and dohickey's then I ran upstairs for a moment, as I returned I heard the familiar, annoying sound of a vacuum. I thought to myself, "Oh, NO! The box was right, it is smart and it's alive!" but to my sheer delight I turned the corner to find my husband vacuuming the lint trap in our dryer. Yes, I love my dear husband. I have not used the new vacuum yet, but when I do, I will not be attached to it! Thank you, Betty Friedan. (you should google her)

2 comments:

Stephanie Miller said...

Glad to hear you are moved in. Post pictures when you can. It's been rather nice here too! Not too hot!

Steph

WanderingLili said...

YEAH!!! Oh it's like coming home to log on and find your blog updated! Yahoo!!!

OK and as for that machine... Please make sure you save all that packaging and extra parts, because with the gigantic rubber band thing snaps, like it surely will 30 min. before your company is suposed to arrive and you will need those things in the bags. I promise... I did at least =)

Glad your back in the land of the e-living.