Tonight, I am thinking inside the box. We order our groceries from Relay food. I love it. Saves me time. I buy more local and more fresh. We have also tried new things. We order a tasting box once a month and they send us the most amazing and sometimes strange foods to taste. I just pulled out of the oven pesto beer bread. They sent the mix, I provided the beer, and WaLA!
Also, we have ordered the harvest basket in an attempt to be healthier. Beautiful, colorful, in season produce is delivered to us and it is delightful. Tonight I realized, I know what this stuff is now! The first time we received swiss chard in our bounty basket, I had no idea what it was. Now I jump for joy. Tonight we are using the flat leaf kale, and we are excited.
So why am I telling you this?
Because I have always been told it takes at least three months to change a habit. The problem is I don't normally stick with anything for three months. Now I have, I am healthier in mind and body and excited about kale. Three months ago I had never eaten a bite of kale.
There are so many things we think we want to do or we know we ought to do. But we just don't let it out of our brain. We never put it into practice. And many of us beat ourselves up and worry about it. The to do list that never gets checked off. I have learned it is far better to do it, get it out of you mind, off your head, if you fail you are more likely to succeed the second or third time you tried and you will learn other, unexpected lessons along the way. I have made a change and here is what I know....
1. Let it out of your brain, tell your friends what you want to do.
2. Make simple easy steps. For us it was making a middle man, someone to deliver our groceries.
3. Stick to it. You may not do it as much as you want, don't set you goal to high or too far.
4. Celebrate. The first time I threw away the swiss chard. The second time we got it I found out what it was, then it spoiled. The third time I got it I googled a recipe and now I am excited over swiss chard.
Just a thought from inside the tasting box tonight!

No comments:
Post a Comment