Friday, August 13, 2010

The Pastor's New Clothes

I have just finished one year as being an honest to goodness, commissioned, full-time pastor. I think I have just started feeling like a pastor. I have realized that since the first day I was introduced as their pastor, my church has looked at me as exactly that, their pastor. On the other hand it has taken me a little longer to get into realizing that I am a pastor. I remember the first time one of my members said "What do you think preacher?" I didn't realize he was talking to me. But, God has been working on me this summer. I guess I can say the robes are starting to fit. I don't freak out every week now about the sermon. I can give all of my parishioners communion by name. Oh and I know where all the clergy parking is at all the hospitals. But really I have learned more than that, when you answer the call, it is the people that God calls you to that makes you a great preacher. Now, if I could just get the nerve up to actually get my picture on the pastor wall, Glamour Shots here I come!

1 comment:

Sara W said...

glamour shots! haha, i love it! :)