Monday, January 11, 2010

Doing a whole lot of nothing

Have you ever had so much to do that you don't know where to start, so you don't do anything? I am stuck in neutral. I have so many things I want to get done. But I do not feel like I can prioritize the list. I know I am totally over thinking of this. I have been told I do this all the time. I have organized my day planner. I can hear you clapping but stop it really was just a procrastination tool. I also cleaned out my purse, neither that nor the organizer were on the to-do list. I really want to scrub my house clean but first I need to put away all of the Christmas decorations. I can hear you saying, "What! you still have your decorations up?" I feel the shame. I know the neighbors are talking about me but, I need to get the boxes down from the attic, but it is really cold and dark in the attic, so I turned on the fire place and made a hot cocoa. Then I thought maybe I could clean the bookshelves, but then I looked down and saw the dog was taking a nap on my lap, and how could I move? I mean she needed a lap for her nap. So, now I am blogging, that is doing something, right?

1 comment:

Sara W said...

HAHAHA! I do this all the time. Don't feel bad. But pick the small things first and do them so you can cross a bunch of stuff off and feel accomplished :)

p.s. my Christmas decor just got put up this past Saturday.