
My holiday spirits are up this year. We have fully decked the halls at our house. The village is up and all of the minute people are going about their Christmas preparations through a blanket of felt snow and glistening glitter. The lights are up outside twinkling and illuminating the land with green, white and red light. The DH and the dog are warm and snug under a blanket and their cuteness is beyond description.(I have added a poor pic here) Two dear friends joined me last night and I was able to share my tidings of great joy and Christmas cheer with them. We had hot chili, warm spiced cider, roasted marshmallows over a crackling fire, and got cozy and watched A Muppet Christmas carol. A much needed, and much appreciated sabbath rest. This weekend I have realized that when the weather is frightful it is really delightful to just stay home and take time to enjoy my blessings.
1 comment:
sounds wonderful. i think it's time i made some chili...
Post a Comment