These are the thoughts, questions, and fragments I am letting out of the box
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Titles, names, and brain bubbles
Someone asked me the other day if I preferred being called Pastor or Rev. I hadn't really thought about it, I mean there's a lot of things I prefer not to be called. I don't know what the word is for the feeling I have. I had this same feeling when I got married. Lot's of people asked me if I were going to change my surname, or hyphenate it. I decided to change it because I liked the alliteration. Seriously. But, no one ever calls me Mrs. This morning, leading worship, I even had a brain bubble. Actually, I had two. This one I don't think anyone noticed. When we were doing the responsive reading during communion, there was a long pause. I forgot that I was supposed to be leading, i.e. reading the non-bold print, I guess I was waiting for someone else to lead. I recovered before anyone noticed, I think. It's not that I am afraid to lead. I do feel I have been called to ordained ministry. I have loved finally doing the work that comes with the call, the practice of ministry. What I am trying to say is, it doesn't matter what I am called. What really matters to me is what God calls me, I hope to God I am a good and faithful servant, titles don't really matter. So, for now, just call me Sarah. Sanctifying Sarah says it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"brain bubble" haha! i like it.
Love it!
Post a Comment