These are the thoughts, questions, and fragments I am letting out of the box
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Growing into a new season
Summer is here. It seems every time a new season starts I feel like changing something. So, I got my hair cut shorter. Now I feel so good I am exercising more. Which caused me to want to eat better. Which causes me to smile more. Which causes people to smile more at me. Which makes me have more friends. Wow, all that from one haircut? No, actually it comes from starting new, feeling fresh. The same thing happens to me on Sundays. Every week I get refreshed when I worship God in spirit and truth. I confess my sins, receive forgiveness, lay my burdens down, sing my joys and praise the Lord. This makes me ready to go into the world with the armor of God, ready to spread the good news, ready to face tomorrow, ready to share the blessings God has given me, ready for the good, the bad and the ugly. You get the picture! So, every season, every week, every day, we have the opportunity to do something new, to continue to grow, to start a new season. So, what new thing are you doing? How have you grown this year? since you were in high school? If you're not growing, what are you going to do about it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Where are the pics!!!
Oops forgot to answer the question... I am growing in my ability to accept things I can't change. It is slow growth, and sometimes I fight it and even find myself "un-growing"... (if that's even a word...)
Thanks for a great challenge! I'm not really growing, but should be. This is inspiration to get my act together. Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment