Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Where do dragonflies go?

I took a minute to watch a dragonfly. I never noticed before that they can almost "fly still" where their wings are moving so fast but they are not actually moving forward. In fact, it seems like they are moving backward a little bit. I asked God if I do that? Do I work so hard and fast but actually stop moving forward? This particular dragonfly was hovering over my car, and I thought, well now that you have got yourself over here, what are you going to do? Sometimes I feel like that, I keep pushing, keep moving, thinking I am moving forward, but when I actually take a moment to look around I am not where I should be. One more question came to my mind as I watched this dragonfly dart and dash through the cars, Does he know he's a dragonfly? That is a label we humans have made to classify and identify him, but he doesn't know he is a dragonfly. I have felt weighed down at times in my life by labels me or others have put on me. Humans are the only ones who allow labels to define them. So my lesson from the dragonfly today... just be natural, take time to pause, don't worry about where I am going, just have fun where I am. But most of all don't worry about labels, I don't need to be classified or identified to belong.

1 comment:

Andrea Reed said...

Could you please elaborate on this subject a little more, like about 30 minutes more.... So I can just use this for my Sweet Monday Bible study tomorrow night :)